Looking for a more personalized touch to your Sufferfest Training Plan?
APEX Coaching is here to help!
The Sufferfest Training Plans are adequate for the vast majority of athletes, but if you want something tailored to your unique needs, let us know. We have several options to accommodate your fitness goals:
You can download The Sufferfest App HERE to view the available training plans and other features.
*If you are interested in a fully customized plan, rather than a training plan adjustment, check out APEX Custom Training Plans HERE.
THE LEAD OUT & RUN IN PLANS
The Lead Out and Run In Plans give you a 30 minute Skype consultation with an APEX coach to make some alterations to one of our standard Sufferfest Training Plans.
Ideal for Sufferlandrians who:
- Need small tweaks in the schedule, for example you know during weekend 5 of a plan you won’t be able to train. We can alter the days leading into and after the scheduling conflict so your training is minimally affected.
- Are looking to do a century at the end of a plan and want to add a bit more volume to some weekends. We will identify weekends where it would be appropriate to add that extra training in so you don’t overload yourself.
- Want to make a few (1 to 5) tweaks throughout the plan. If you are looking for more substantial changes then this is not the option for you.
THE DOMESTIQUE & TRANSITION PLANS
The Domestique and Transition Plans give you a 30 minute Skype consultation with an APEX coach to make more substantial alterations to one of our standard Sufferfest Training Plans, with the option of having the plan delivered to you through a Basic Training Peaks account.
Ideal for Sufferlandrians who:
- Like the basic layout of the Sufferfest Training Plan but have commitments that will make following the standard plan difficult.
- Want to use a plan, but have an important race or event in the middle of the plan that you want to be fresh for.
- Have a regular group ride that you want to do every week or weekend and want to make sure the rest of your training takes that into account.
- Want to follow the standard plan but want to have multiple weekend days off from training to spend time with friends/family
THE RACE DIRECTOR & 2nd WIND PLANS
Maybe you’ve already made your way through one of the Sufferfest Training Plans and like the way the plans are set up, but want something more personalized. In that case, our 12-week plan will fit you like a new pair of bib shorts. The Race Director and 2nd Wind Plans give you two separate 30-minute Skype consultations with an APEX coach and a personalized 12-week plan.
How exactly does this work?
- The first 30-minute Skype consultation will be to identify your goals and needs for the following 12 weeks. That includes things like your time available for training each week and what specific aspects of your riding or your fitness you want to focus on. We will then write up a 12-week training plan for you that you can access through a Basic Training Peaks account.
- The second 30-minute Skype consultation will be sometime around the halfway point of your 12 week plan to discuss your progress and to see if modifications need to be made. Maybe you missed a few sessions or got sick and need a few tweaks for the remainder of the plan.
THE EXTENDED PLANS
You really like the look of the Race Director and 2nd Wind Plans, but your event is over 4 months out and you want to make sure you make the most of each week between now and then. Or maybe you like the idea of having half a year of training mapped out to keep you motivated and help you stick to your training.
Just like the Race Director and 2nd Wind Plans you get two separate 30-minute Skype consultations with an APEX coach and over 4 months of personalized training.
- The first 30-minute Skype consultation will be to identify your goals and needs for the duration of your plan. That includes things like your time available for training each week and what specific aspects of your riding or your fitness you want to focus on. Your full plan will then be loaded into a Basic TrainingPeaks account.
- The second 30-minute Skype Consultation can take place at any point during your plan. After which we will make any necessary adjustments in TrainingPeaks to your existing plan.
- We do require a minimum of 20 weeks to qualify for an Extended Plan.
Ready to Book? Have Questions? Contact our Coaches HERE. Your questions will be answered in 36 hours or less.